December 5 - 11

11 months


 I did lots of baking this week, which was fun.  I took some of my baked goods to the ward Christmas party on Saturday.  We also donated some gifts for children in need in our area at the party.  Tuesday I went to the ward book club Christmas book exchange.  We drank hot apple cider and exchanged books white elephant style.  The host sent us home with mini squishmallow ornaments.  I got a gingerbread man and as soon as I got home Mary took ownership of it and carried it around with her for the next few days.

Christmas Magic

Thursday night, Matt, Hannah, and Emily got back from Paris.  We had Emily over that night and all day on Friday.  After Paul got home from work we met up with Matt, Hannah, and Addie for dinner then went to their apartment to celebrate Addie's second birthday.  We gave Addie a Christmas sweater with Buzz Lightyear on it.  She loved it!  Mary loves playing with her cousin and had a great time playing with a little plastic shopping cart that Addie had.  Mary could walk so well with it that we went to Walmart the next day and got her her own shopping cart to help her walk around our apartment.
Happy birthday to Addie and Gabe on Friday!

She loves seeing Buccee on her shirt

Mary turned 11 months on Saturday!  She is growing so much.  She loves music and dancing, it can always make her feel better when she is sad.  She has started tapping her toes as a new dance move.  When she is done taking a bath, I'll wrap her in her towel and she looks for the bathroom mirror because I always show her her reflection and say "who is that? is that Mary?" and she smiles so big.  She loves doing that every time.  I laid out her blanket to put her down for a nap and she was so excited to take a nap that she jumped onto the blanket and waited for me to wrap her up.  I got her dressed one day in a bucky onesie and she could see him on her shirt and was so excited.  She just wanted to look at the front of her shirt for the longest time.  She is so fun and we love her so much.
Sunday was my first time playing in Sacrament meeting and it went well.  I get to pick the hymns so I was excited to play Christmas hymns.  In the afternoon we went to a free woodwind Christmas concert.  It was a lot of fun, it was outdoors, in nice weather, and Mary loved dancing and clapping her hands to the music.

Squishmallow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 3-9, 2022

November 21 - 27

December 27 - January 2